Peli UK is pleased to announce its renewal of the JOSCAR accreditation. Read on to find out what this means and how Peli UK have successfully achieved this accreditation.
WHAT IS JOSCAR AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
In a nutshell, JOSCAR, or the Joint Supply Chain Accreditation Register, is an accreditation system set up by ADS Group that was created to ensure that suppliers are fit for business.
JOSCAR covers the security, aerospace and defence sectors and is used by the largest purchasers in defence sector organisations including UK Ministry of Defence and prime contractors such as BAE Systems, Babcock International and General Dynamics UK .
It is a trusted collaborative repository that provides information to major customers quickly and easily by collecting, maintaining and validating supplier information for purchasers in one searchable, reportable place, while abiding to procurement compliance rules. It also provides cost-efficiency, since costs are distributed amongst community members, eradicating the need for an in-house solution.
JOSCAR RISK MANAGEMENT
JOSCAR also looks at and assesses risks relating to products and services being provided and across areas of compliance, including insurance and third-party certification, product safety and quality, and supply chain, amongst others.
WHAT DOES JOSCAR MEMBERSHIP MEAN FOR PELI UK?
Peli UK benefits from JOSCAR membership as a supplier in many ways. These include:
- EASIER CUSTOMER COMPLIANCE: Simpler route to demonstrating compliance to multiple customers at the same time
- RESOURCE AND TIME EFFICIENT: Single profile for multiple customers, information request is tailored to goods and services being supplied
- SIMPLER APPROACH: Information is collected using selectable answer options rather than free text responses, making completion quicker compared to traditional questionnaires
- CONTROL OF INFORMATION: Company information can be amended or updated at any time through a secure online portal
- BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT: Identify the common requirements of multiple customers and how your business might improve its compliance
- FASTER QUALIFICATION: Completed profiles are visible to all buyer members using JOSCAR when sourcing and qualifying third parties for new business
PELI UK’S WORK IN THE INDUSTRY
Peli UK is a member of ADS Group and remains compliant with ISO 9001 certification. For over 25 years, it has offered military-approved packaging, namely the Peli™ brand of watertight, crushproof and dustproof equipment protection cases with the famous Lifetime Guarantee.
“You break it, we replace it. Forever.”
Peli UK is able to offer the design, manufacture and supply of complete tailored packaging solutions, including custom foam, as well as a nationwide team of consultants, who are on hand to help at every step along the way. Peli UK also currently holds around £2.2m-worth of non-bespoke stock readily available to its customers.
FIND OUT MORE
To find out more about JOSCAR, take a look here.
For guidance on developing a packaging solution that’s unique to you, please feel free to get in touch with your local Peli UK business representative.